In March 2014, Bridges established “Project Connect” in Newark. At Project Connect, professional case managers work with homeless clients individually to create an attainable set of goals that will lead to better health, and ultimately housing, a job and independence.
How it Began
- Intensive case management
- Birth certificate & NJ state ID services
- Medicaid enrollment
- SSI enrollment
- Links to mental health & substance abuse treatment
- Onsite medical treatment (adult medicine, gynecology, sports medicine and lab services; mental health coming soon) through partnership with St. James Health
- SNAP enrollment
- Job readiness, and financial assistance for job training
- Links to employment
- Links to housing and landlords
- Prescription eye glasses
Bridges offers services that will lead to more consistent care and a healthier life, with the ultimate goal of housing and independence for our homeless friends.